C. S. Peirce’s quincuncial projection (tessellated)
Housing complex, Botanica district, Chisinau, Moldova
Individual Thermal Rehabilitation(polystyrene cladding)
The Kluczynski Federal Building is a modernist skyscraper in the downtown Chicago Loop located at 230 South Dearborn Street. The 45-story structure was designed byLudwig Mies van der Rohe and completed in 1974 as the last portion of the new Federal Center. It is 562 feet (171 m) tall and stands on the site previously occupied by theChicago Federal Building by the architect Henry Ives Cobb. It was named in honor ofU.S. Congressman John C. Kluczynski, who represented Illinois’s 5th congressional district from 1951 to 1975 after his death that year. This is one of three buildings by van der Rohe in the Federal Center Plaza complex: the others are the US Post Office (Loop Station) and the Everett McKinley Dirksen United States Courthouse.
Ludwig Mies van der Rohe (1886-1969) | Chicago Federal Center | 1959-1964